Steampunk is getting to be like goth: ten minutes at Hot Topic or Spirit Halloween and you’ve got everything you need except authenticity.
I’d diss on hipsters too but they’re like preppies: even the real ones don’t have any authenticity so you can buy your way into that club easily.
All clothing is an affectation. All clothing is a product of choice limited by budget. There is no such thing as “authenticity” in how you dress. The only people who talk like this in Steampunk community are always ex-goths intent upon excluding others for not being really “steampunk” enough.
- ifeelyoujohanna likes this
- graciousmajesty likes this
- scarletgarden reblogged this from clockworker
- silverdraco likes this
- devilkhan reblogged this from clockworker
- clockworker reblogged this from my-ear-trumpet
- putamerdahermes likes this
- jaggedfragments reblogged this from my-ear-trumpet and added:
- tolivea likes this
- pigtailsandcombatboots likes this
- mental-allure likes this
- fuckyeahtophats reblogged this from my-ear-trumpet
- astorminadcup likes this
- dejavrooom likes this
- theloudestvoice likes this
- flutterknife likes this
- batshead reblogged this from my-ear-trumpet
- marcelgomes likes this
- my-ear-trumpet reblogged this from jaggedfragments and added:
- jaggedfragments posted this